Usually, during work, we don’t have much time to exercise. But even then, you can take care of your joints and muscles with a few short exercises without getting tired or perhaps drawing the attention of everyone in the office.
Let's start with the neck:
- Tilt your head to the side and touch your shoulders with your ears and keep it in that position for a few seconds.
- Look back over your shoulder and hold that position for a few seconds.
- Look down and slowly rotate the head to both sides.
Let's continue with our shoulders:
- Rotate your shoulders in a circular motion back and forth.
- Stretch your fingers and raise your hands as high as possible, with the palms facing up.
Prepare your wrists:
- Stretch your hand forward and turn your palm down. With your other hand, pull your fingers down and hold for a few seconds.
- Then pull your fingers up and hold for a few seconds.
- Repeat the procedure several times with each arm.
Let's also take care of blood circulation and feeling of fatigue in the legs:
- While sitting in the normal position, lift your foot with fingers facing upwards with the heel down on the floor and hold for a few seconds.
- Raise your heels and hold your fingers on the ground.
- Lift your foot and rotate your fingers in a circular motion clockwise and vice versa.
- Raise your legs and cross them.
Let's add some exercises for the middle part of the body:
- Fold your arms around the lower back, push the chest forward, and lift your head.
Stretch your hands straight and lower your head between your arms. Take some deep breaths.
- Place your legs straight on the floor, grab the back of the chair with your right hand and rotate the upper part of the body to the right side, hold for a few seconds and repeat on the other side.
Tips for arranging your workspace:
- Good chair,
- Adjustable table,
- Keyboard with wrist support,
- Applications to remind you to take a break,
- Stay hydrated,
- Monitor with flicker-free in the blue light filter,
- Monitor pylons,
- Reminder: if you spent a lot of time on your phone, you need to get some headphones!